There are some topics that pose particular challenges for the Chair of the board, but on which there is little guidance written from the Chair’s perspective. The Chair’s Challenge series is our new programme of briefings and events to explore these issues. Our briefings will identify key issues for Chairs; signpost you to what already exists that is relevant and useful, and draw on the experience of Chairs and others to offer ideas and suggestions for how you can manage the challenge. We are grateful to our sponsors who have each supported a title in the series.
We are pleased to launch the Chair’s Challenge series with a new briefing and event sponsored by Cazenove Capital looking at the Chair’s role with regard to Board committees. Join us for the launch of the briefing and for a chance to meet other Chairs and explore the topic.
The briefing and event will be looking at:
- Delegation – managing the delicate balance of what is done in Committee and what is owned by the Board, ensuring appropriate engagement
- Ensuring effective reporting between committees and boards
- Co-ordinating work across committees – and handling differences
- Getting the best from Committee Chairs and members
- Alternatives to Committees
Timings for the event are
- 5.30pm – Registration and refreshments
- 6.00pm – Launch of briefing including Q&A
- 7.30pm – Drinks reception and networking
- 8.30pm – Close
The event is open to all Chairs and Vice Chairs – though priority for places is given to our members. Numbers are limited.
This event is generously supported by:
31 Gresham Street
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm London