On 18 March we are combining two of our most popular workshops into one full-day workshop for Chairs and Vice Chairs in North Yorkshire. Please join us to develop your skills and share experiences of ‘Being An Effective Chair’ and ‘Developing An Effective Board Team’. A networking lunch is included.
‘Being an Effective Chair’ will help you to be able to:
- Be clear about your role and legal responsibilities
- Understand what can help you be effective
- Have practical tools to help you run effective meetings
- Have gained insight and top tips from other Chairs of smaller organisations.
‘Developing an Effective Board Team’ will help you to be able to:
- Enable your board to work well together
- Manage conflict and support difficult conversations
- Gain insights and top tips from other Chairs of smaller organisations
Registration from 9:15 to 9:30 am. Lunch will be provided.
- 9:15 registration
- 9:30 ‘Being an Effective Chair’
- 11ish Break
- 13:00 Lunch
- 13:45 ‘Developing an Effective Board Team’
- 15:15ish Break
- 17:00 Close
This workshop is being run in partnership with Community First Yorkshire’s leadership hub. Please note that if you book for this event we will share your name, organisation and contact details with Community First Yorkshire.
Attendance at Beacon Programme workshops could count towards your continuing professional development. Let us know if you need evidence of attendance.
Book your place
This workshop is only open to those who have registered with the free Beacon Programme. The programme is aimed at Chairs and Vice Chairs of smaller charities in England with an annual income of under £1 million.
Please join the programme for free so you can make a booking for this event.
We offer a travel bursary to delegates from organisations with an income under £100k when booking at least a month ahead. These bursaries are given on a first come, first served, basis.
9:30 am - 5:00 pm