Webinars are a great opportunity to meet other Chairs and pick up some new ideas, without you having to travel or take hours out of your day.
At Association of Chairs we’re responding to the growing demand for webinars by developing a range for Beacon Programme and AoC members.
If you’re new to webinars, don’t be afraid! There are a few things to consider which can help you get the best from the sessions.
- Make sure you register for the webinar on AoC’s website.
- Look over any of the suggested resources before the webinar.
- Find a quiet space at home or in your office so you can focus. Make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Get comfortable- make a cup of tea and get settled. Our webinars are around 1 hour- 1.5 hours long.
- Have a pen and paper so you’re ready to make any notes.
- Mute yourself so others don’t hear background noise.
- Our webinars are interactive so be ready to share your thoughts, experiences and any challenges you might be experiencing.
- If you get stuck or have a question, ask the trainer at any time but typing in the chat box.
- Read more on the topic after the webinar. The trainer will post helpful links at the end of the session and direct you to relevant AoC resources.
- Use the webinar as an opportunity to reflect on yourself as a Chair. Look at your reflections later and try putting them into action,
The video below gives you a preview of what to expect on a webinar and how to use the different functions.