Our guest speaker Gary Shipsey, Managing Director of Protecture, has extensive practical experience of turning information law into practice. He is co-author of the Fundraising Regulator’s guidance “Personal Information and Fundraising: Consent, Purpose and Transparency” and Chair of the IRMS Third Sector Group.
The most significant change in data protection law is now less than eight months away. How can your organisation assess whether it is GDPR-ready? This session aims to provide Chairs with the space to reflect on what they need to know and how you can help your board to ensure appropriate governance. Issues to be explored include:
1. What is GDPR and what might the implications be for my organisation? What are the key differences resulting from the new regulations?
2. What is the significance of GDPR for Chairs and boards?
3. What role must and should trustees play and how can a Chair help trustees to be hold an overview?
4. What support is there on which boards and Chairs can draw?
5. What is out there to support our staff to manage compliance?
Discuss these and other questions with Gary Shipsey and Rowena Fielding of Protecture.
Registration from 14.30
Seminar to start at 15.00
Q&A and Networking from 16.30 – 17.00
This event is open to all Chairs and Vice Chairs though priority for places is given to our members. Non member bookings will open on 27 October.
173-177 Euston Road
2:30 pm - 5:00 pm London