Join us in Leicester for this full-day workshop for Chairs and Vice Chairs. This is a great opportunity to to develop your skills and share experiences of being an effective Chair and how to strengthen your organisation. Lunch is included to give you more time to network with fellow Chairs and Vice Chairs of smaller charities.
The morning session will focus on managing relationships and board dynamics and will help you to be able to:
- Be clear about your role and legal responsibilities
- Understand what can help you be effective
- Have practical tools to help you run effective meetings
- Have gained insight and top tips from other Chairs of smaller organisations.
The afternoon session will focus on strengthening your organisation and will help you to be able to:
- Understand the role of the board in strategy development and managing resources in a smaller charity
- Identify key threats to your organisation and how to manage them
- Discover further sources of support to strengthen your organisation
- Gain insights and top tips from other Chairs of smaller organisations
Registration from 9:15 to 9:30 am. Lunch will be provided.
- 9:15 registration
- 9:30 ‘Being an Effective Chair’
- 11:00 Break
- 13:00 Lunch
- 13:45 ‘Strengthening your Organisation’
- 15:15 Break
- 17:00 Close
This workshop is being run in partnership with Reaching People. Please note that if you book for this event we will share your name, organisation, contact details and feedback with Reaching People.
Attendance at Beacon Programme workshops could count towards your continuing professional development. Let us know if you need evidence of attendance.
Book your place
This workshop is only open to those who have registered with the free Beacon Programme. The programme is aimed at Chairs and Vice Chairs of smaller charities in England with an annual income of under £1 million.
Please join the programme for free so you can make a booking for this event.
We offer a travel bursary to delegates from organisations with an income under £100k when booking at least a month ahead. These bursaries are given on a first come, first served, basis.
This Event is NOT open for Booking yet.
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Add to your calendar (Ical e.g. Outlook, format)