About the programme
Who is the programme for?
Chairs and Vice Chairs of charities and non-profit organisations in England with an annual income of under £1 million.
Why get involved?
- Meet, learn and exchange ideas with other Chairs who face similar challenges
- Be part of a unique programme tailored to meet the needs of Chairs of smaller organisations
- Know where to get support to be effective in your role
- Hear the views of other Chairs of smaller charities and sector experts on topics that concern you
- Access a wide range of FREE practical written resources to meet your needs
'The programme has been put together by the very people who recognise its value - Chairs and Vice Chairs. I have already found it a life-line and welcome such an excellent range of support tools'
Roma Hooper, Chair, Prison Radio Association
What does the programme include?
- Affordable and engaging workshops in 9 locations all over England including: London, Birmingham, Leeds, Taunton, Brighton, Bournemouth, Manchester, Newcastle and Middlesbrough.
- Free, interactive and downloadable webinars covering and complementing our workshop content. Varying in length, you will easily be able to make time for these in your busy schedule, from the comfort of your own home
- Topics of interest to you such as being a 'hands-on' Chair, clarifying your legal responsibilities, recruiting trustees and many more
- Keep up to date with our e-bulletin helping you know what we are doing and when. Be the first to know about new resources and hear the views of other Chairs on important topics. Join other Chairs and sign up below
- Online platforms to meet and learn with other Chairs. Chairing can be lonely, so we will be finding other ways to help you meet and network with others
Thanks to a generous grant from the Big Lottery Fund our online and written resources are free and our workshops only cost £20. A travel bursary is available to support organisations with an income of under £100k with the cost of travel.